Illustrated letter forms for my Type and Image class!
It’s no secret I love medieval art and illuminated manuscripts. When you look through the old illustrated gospels and mosaics you see various images of the four Evangelists (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) shown with or as a certain symbol.
Matthew is represented as either a man or an angel, Mark is represented as a lion, Luke as an ox, and John as an eagle.
I just adore these symbols from medieval art and I hope you enjoy my own take on them! :)
14 Notes/ Hide
- anotherword likes this
- hugabugga reblogged this from julia-lavigne
- naturamorta reblogged this from julia-lavigne
- bryce-pantry likes this
- kentonblogs likes this
- traffickingshadows likes this
- hugabugga likes this
- goodbyemisery likes this
- birdsofaheather reblogged this from julia-lavigne and added:
- julia-lavigne posted this